Home

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Is Weebly A fraud? Scam?

When i started learning more about creating websites i came across this site called weebly. i was with blogger first. it was really great but i like to try new stuff so i decided to give weebly a chance since it is free. i signed up for my screen name and everything. my site was doing little well but when it started getting a lot of traffic weebly shut it down completely without any notification.
When i returned from school and tried to view my site and check how many people were on it. i saw this message site not published. i thought it was the computer fault so i decided to give it a try on my laptop but same message.i went to weebly site to login into my accounts and publish the site again but it was disabled. when i checked my email, i saw a message from weebly saying, they shut my site down because i violated one of their rules. i asked them to show me the rule that i broke but they never did. they just told me my site contains some copy right materials which is not allowed. i replied them and i told them why they didn't let me  delete the pages which violates their policy but shut down the site before notifying. They never replied to me.  i was really dissappointed because i spent a lot of time on that site and also lost all the my site contents.That site had over 5000 pages but none of them saved. To me i think the reason why weebly shut my site down is because they not making any money from me. If your site gets more traffic, they will shut it down unless you purchase either domain name or something from them.